Friday, July 29, 2011

Kind Investments

Happy Friday Blogosphere Friends!

I am on my lunch break and I have just made two random investments of kindness.

One, I donated to a beautiful friend who is participating in the “Run for the Cure” in October. She is a breast cancer survivor. I have several friends who are either battling breast cancer or have survived and beaten the disease, including my best friend. This cause is very important to me. If you would like to support my friend, Hannah, please contact me and I will send you her link.
 
Two, I made my first micro-loan to an entrepreneur in  Rwanda through Kiva, an organization whose mission is “a hand up, not a hand out”. Most people in third world countries do not have access to credit. Kiva is helping lift the oppression of poverty by enabling every day people like you and me to lend money to enterprising individuals in developing countries who want to make a difference in their own lives and communities. For more information about Kiva and how YOU can change a life by lending as little as $25, visit http://kiva.org/invitedby/roxane6416. Something to think about!!!

Roxane
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment