Saturday, October 5, 2013

Love is Love

My mother’s mantra has always been “live and let live”. I love the implicit acceptance in that simple credo. It is void of judgment and prejudice.  You live your life and I’ll live mine. Presumably in peace. If only reality were that simple. If only more people believed as my mother believes.

After all, who are any of us to judge? So what if I’m Christian and you’re Muslim? Who cares if I’m white and you’re black? What difference does it make if I’m heterosexual and you’re homosexual? Love is love. You love your God as I love my God. You love your heritage as I love my heritage. You love your significant other as I love my significant other. We all have hearts that beat and hope and fear. We all have rights that should be equal and free. We are all born, live and die. And we all love.

My experience has been that the more accepting I am and the wider I open my heart, the more absolute joy and peace and hope I encounter. I strive to live and let live. To accept. To embrace. To leave judgment to God. To celebrate love and appreciate it however it is manifested.


Thank you for setting such an amazing example, Mom. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment